Building Roots is looking for an experienced candidate living in Toronto to join as an integral member of our team, to manage communications for Building Roots, promoting our programs and organization as a whole in a clear and effective way. We seek an independently driven candidate who will work closely with the members of our team, working from home and with visits to our program sites in Downtown East Toronto.
Building Roots delivers programming in food security, urban farming, community leadership, creative projects, and other initiatives in Moss Park and neighbouring communities, with the goal of enabling socially cohesive communities. Visit our website and social media to learn more.
- $25 per hour / 40 hours per week, with extended health benefits
Length of Contract:
- Beginning with a six month contract with possibility of extension
- Late June, 2022
Tasks will include:
- Digital media content, management of social media accounts and messages
- Photography and short videos for web and social media content
- Development of stories and interviews for marketing and program evaluation
- Media and public relations
- Support development and design of reports, emails and fundraising materials
- Support accessible promotion of Building Roots programs in the community
- Bring new ideas to support our team and broader objectives.
Relevant qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Interest in mission and programs
- At least two years experience in a communications role demonstrating multiple skills
- Portfolio of relevant material from previous work experiences
- Variety of knowledge and skills in areas including digital, videography, editing, branding, target demographics, writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding and background working with non-profits, social justice and accessibility
- Ability to travel for occasional work in Downtown East Toronto
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Building Roots recognizes and values the unique perspective of people with lived experiences. These life experiences themselves bring diverse & supportive perspectives to the skills and qualifications above. We encourage any applicants to share experiences which they feel would be relevant to the successful execution of this role.
We actively support and mobilize alongside our community partners, local organizations & small businesses of all kinds. This is done with the intention of fostering social cohesion as we implement a community-led programming model.
Building Roots is actively working to hire, and meaningfully engage with, and include guidance and input from, LGBTQIA2+, Black, Indigenous and any BIPOC humans in ways that are central to intersectionality. Our organization explicitly supports and promotes indigenous resilience, anti-racist principles, equity, diversity & representation within our workplaces and programs.
We encourage applications from all-kinds of humans & are committed to an equitable hiring process.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close June 29th, 2022.
You may also find the job posting listed on multiple hiring platforms:
CharityVillage.com – https://charityvillage.com/jobs/communications-manager-in-toronto-ontario-ca/