We’re hiring for our fresh food market!
Building Roots is looking for a Market Coordinator who values advancing access to fresh foods through our Pay-What-You-Can model in the Moss Park neighbourhood.
This role will support operations of our food program at Moss Park Market including distribution of food, and community supplies, volunteer coordination and growing community connections. The market coordinator will support the Market Manager with food, strategy, and logistical responsibilities. The Market Coordinator will work closely with the Market’s Administrative Coordinator, community members and partnered organizations to support a healthy and cohesive Moss Park community.
Availability: Friday 10 am- 4 pm. Saturday, from 10 am – 4 pm. Minimum 12 hours/week with the potential to expand over time
Length of Contract: 1 year/with the opportunity to extend
Closing Date: December, 8th, 2022
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Support coordinating the packing, receiving and distribution of healthy food;
- Work with the Market Manager to consider program improvements, take feedback and involvement from volunteers and community members
- Support a safe and healthy environment for community members, market participants, staff and volunteers
- Works closely with the Market Manager and Market Coordinator to strategize market infrastructure and food distribution
- Works with Market Manager and Admin Coordinator to ensure a cohesive working environment
- Support community involvement, engagement and metrics/testimonials for evaluation;
- Support the in-kind donations of the market
Relevant qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Experience working with diverse and marginalized communities and the ability to work with community members as peers
- Experience (personal or professional) working with organizations within or
adjacent to social justice efforts
- 1 year community-facing role
- Ability to organize and collaborate with other organizations, community leaders,
staff, etc to ensure a cohesive and resourceful work environment
- Training in conflict de-escalation is an asset
- Harm reduction approach toward people and situations
- Time management, organizational skills & ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Slack are assets but not necessary.
Please forward your resume and a small introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate you saw this posting at FoodWork.
Building Roots is actively working to hire, and meaningfully engage with, and include guidance and input from, LGBTQIA2+, Black, Indigenous and any BIPOC humans in ways that are central to intersectionality. Our organization explicitly supports and promotes indigenous resilience, anti-racist principles, equity, diversity & representation within our workplaces and programs.
We encourage applications from all kinds of humans & are committed to an equitable hiring process.